The Red Book
This publication from the Social Security Administration (SSA) is a summary guide to employment supports for persons with disabilities under the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs.
2011 and 2010 Red Books are available in English and Spanish, as well as in on-line (HTML) and printable (PDF) versions, at http://www.ssa.gov/redbook/index.html.
Searchable topics for The Red Book 2011 on the SSA site include
- Introducing The Red Book 2011
- What’s New in 2011
- How to Reach Social Security
- Resources for Employment Supports
- Return to Work Planning & Assistance
- Overview of Disability Programs
- Returning to Work
- How Do Employment Supports Help?
- Guide to Employment Supports
- SSDI and SSI Employment Supports
- SSDI Only Employment Supports
- SSI Only Employment Supports
- Special Rules for Individuals Who are Blind
- Additional Help with Health Care for Individuals with Disabilities
- Example of Concurrent Benefits with Employment Supports
See also the A-Z Library entries on
the Social Security Administration at http://www.project10.info/DetailPage.php?MainPageID=217
SSA's Blue Book, which describes the criteria for determining eligibility for SSA disability insurance and employment supports, at http://www.project10.info/DetailPage.php?MainPageID=216.
| The development of this website was funded by the University of South Florida St. Petersburg
through a grant by the Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services,
Florida Department of Education (2010 - 2011, 291-2621A-1C008).