Accommodations and Modifications for Students with Disabilities in Career Education and Adult General Education
The following resources were revised in the fall of 2011:
Accommodations and Modifications for Students with Disabilities in Career Education and Adult General Education (brochure)
This four-page brochure identified accommodations and modifications that students in secondary and postsecndary career education and adult general education programs may need.
Accommodations and Modifications for Students with Disabilities in Career Education and Adult General Education (guide)
This 95-page guide contains information that will assist school district personnel when making decisions about the use of accommodations and modifications by students with disabilities in instructional situations including
* educational programs and available supports; legal requirements, eligibility considerations, decisions about accommodations and modifications, and student responsibilities
* effective instructional strategies and assessment practices for diverse learners
types of accommodations and related student characteristics in typical instruction situations, and learning and work environments, including accommodations on the job
* the potential impact of modifying program outcomes and the process and purpose of modified occupational completion points
* implementing and monitoring the effects of accommodations and modifications, and
* appendices containing a list of relevant Florida Statutes, rules, and resources that provide additional information
| The development of this website was funded by the University of South Florida St. Petersburg
through a grant by the Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services,
Florida Department of Education (2010 - 2011, 291-2621A-1C008).