The Red Book
This publication from the Social Security Administration (SSA) is a summary guide to employment supports for persons with disabilities under the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs.
The 2017 Red Book is available in English and Spanish, as well as online (HTML) and printable (PDF) versions.
Searchable topics for The Red Book 2011 on the SSA site include the following:
- Return to Work Planning & Assistance
- Overview of Disability Programs
- Returning to Work
- How Do Employment Supports Help?
- Guide to Employment Supports
- SSDI and SSI Employment Supports
- SSDI Only Employment Supports
- SSI Only Employment Supports
- Special Rules for Individuals Who are Blind
- Additional Help with Health Care for Individuals with Disabilities Example of Concurrent Benefits with Employment Supports Acronyms Glossary
The SSA's publication formerly known as the "Blue Book" is now called Disability Evaluation Under Social Security and is available on the SSA's website.